Every cat owner pretty much celebrates their cats every day. But there’s a real holiday for us cat lovers: It’s International Cat Day!
International Cat Day is a celebration which takes place on August 8th of every year. It was created in 2002 by the International Fund for Animal Welfare. It is a day to raise awareness for cats and learn about ways to help and protect them.
Cats have been our companions for at least 9,500 years and are currently the most popular pet in the world. Cats are a beloved member of many households around the world.
But a cat is so much more than a companion animal. Studies show that interactions with cats may improve health and reduce physical responses to stress. Having a cat in the household may also improve psychological health by providing emotional support to people suffering from depression, anxiety, and loneliness.
If you want to celebrate International Cat Day by doing something special for a feline, then check out the tips below.
- Adopt a cat from your local shelter or cat rescue.
- Volunteer at your local shelter.
- Bake some tuna cookies for your cat.
- Invest in your cat’s safety with a GPS tracker.
- Buy your cat a fun new toy.
- Create play tunnels for you cat [indoors or outdoors]
- Buy your cat a cat tree.
- Hire a professional pet photographer for a fun photoshoot.
How do you plan to celebrate International Cat Day? Share your day with us and share this article with a fellow cat-lover!